Sewaren Project Overview
Sewaren is an exceptional Point of Interconnect (POI). PSEG owns the site at Sewaren, which significantly simplifies project development.
- The project would connect to PSE&G’s Northern service territory, which will help reduce energy and capacity costs throughout the state.
- The site presents one of the closest onshore delivery points, minimizing environmental and community disturbances.
- To give the BPU more flexibility, Coastal Wind Link submitted two options for the site:
- 320 kV transmission line that could deliver 1,200 MWs, and has the lower total cost: and
- 400 kV transmission line that could deliver 1,400 MWs, with the lowest cost per MW of capability. The 400kv option would best support New Jersey’s goals providing efficiencies as new areas are developed and turbines increase in size.